ProLogue Premium Preamplifier
Incorporating the best electronic elements of the original ProLogue Three, plus selected ground-breaking features from the more advanced DiaLogue Series, the next generation ProLogue Premium Preamplifier is an engineering marvel — setting a new benchmark in high-performance audio with the following features:
- Home theater pass-thru. Straight from the critically-acclaimed DiaLogue Series, this direct-line circuitry means less noise and coloration over unity gain circuits.
- New power transformers. Heavy-duty, dual-mono, power transformers increase control and detail. Addional windings were added to each transformer for improved synergy with the optional PhonoLogue MM Phonostage. The preamp weighs in at a substantial 37.5 pounds.
- New front end circuitry. Optimized to use two 12AU7 tubes per channel. Combines with the improved power transformers to further lower distortion, dropping by a factor of 20 at output levels above one volt! This in turn dramatically improves sound quality.
- PTP-circuit. If the power transformer should overheat, this innovative “Power Transformer Protection” circuit cuts primary power, allows the preamp to cool down, then resets itself.
- Point-to-point wiring and premium parts including ALPS Blue Velvet potentiometer, Solen and Swellong capacitors, ceramic tube sockets, gold plated RCA jacks.
- Tube rectification using two 5AR4 tubes, one for each channel. Designed with no cathode followers for a vibrant midrange, creating a three-dimensional soundstage rarely encountered.
- Low noise achieved with DC heater supply and 12 dB of gain. The power supply is perfectly de-coupled with an ultra-wideband, constant source impedance, and low corner frequency of over two octaves below the audio bandwidth (4Hz).
- Non-inverting and has two pair of outputs so you can easily bi-amp or add a powered subwoofer. Fixed tape out included for recording, or adding an external headphone amplifier.
- Hand-rubbed, high-gloss finish with black or silver faceplate and quick-release tube cage.
|Frequency response||4Hz-85kHz +/- 3dB|
|THD||Less than 1% at full power|
|S/N Ratio||109 dB unweighted|
|Input Impedance||100 kOhm|
|Output Impedance||2800 Ohm|
|Maximum Gain||12 dB|
|Power Consumption||46 Watts|
|Net Weight||37,5 lbs – 17 kg|
|Dimensions||14.5” x 8” x 15.5” – 37 cm x 20 cm x 40 cm (WxHxD)|
|Inputs||4 pair RCA, 1 pair HT bypass|
|Outputs||2 pair variable pre-amp outputs|
|Tube Complement||4 - 12AU7
2 - 5AR4