ProLogue Premium CD Player
In true PrimaLuna fashion, the stunning ProLogue Eight CD Player revolutionized the audio industry by introducing the world’s first tube-based data clocking device: the SuperTubeClock™. By replacing the solid-state oscillator in the digital clocking device with a low-noise mini-triode vacuum tube, we have significantly lowered the amount of jitter introduced to the DAC. This in turn yields vastly superior resolution, detail retrieval, improved clarity, increased detail and dynamics from top to bottom, while retaining all the glory and musicality you expect from an all-tube CD Player.
The ProLogue Premium CD Player is a true dual-mono design, right down to the dual 5AR4 tube rectification –another first in a cd player. The power supply is adapted from the award winning ProLogue Three preamp. High quality resistors, mosfets and Solen capacitors yield superior transient response, detail, and channel separation.
The next generation ProLogue Premium CD Player is an engineering marvel –a cd player that sets a new benchmark in high-performance audio by adding these innovative circuits to the critically-acclaimed original:
- New power transformers. Heavy-duty, dual-mono, power transformers increase control and detail. The CD player weighs in at a substantial 33 pounds.
- New front end circuitry. Optimized to use tow 12AU7 tubes per channel. Combines with the improved power transformers to further lower distortion, dropping by a factor of 20 at output levels above one volt! This in turn dramatically improves sound quality.
- PTP-circuit. If the power transformer should overheat, this innovative “Protect the Power Transformer” circuit cuts primary power, allows the preamp to cool down, then resets itself.
- Dual-mono, zero feedback output stage using two 12AU7 tubes per channel.
- Vacuum tube rectified power supply adapted from the award-winning ProLogue Three preamp that incorporates eleven separate power supply regulation circuits.
- State-of-the-art Burr Brown SRC4192 upsampling circuit and Burr Brown PCM1792 DACs.
- SuperTubeClock™ ultra-low jitter clocking device. A PrimaLuna Exclusive.
- Custom isolation transformers separate the analog and digital clock devices for decreased signal degradation and improved sonics.
- 1 pair RCA analog outputs. One coaxial and one optical digital output.
- Beautiful heavy-gauge anodized brushed aluminum remote.
- Hand rubbed, high-gloss finish available with silver or black faceplate. Quick release tube cage included.
|Output Level||2.0V +/- 0.5 dB|
|Frequency Response||20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.5dB|
|Distortion And Noise||below -96dB|
|Dynamic Range||>120 dB|
|Channel Separation||90 dB|
|Net Weight||33 lbs – 15 kg|
|Dimensions||14,5” x 8” x 15.5” – 37 cm x 20 cm x 40 cm (WxHxD)|
|Analog Output||1 pair RCA|
|Digital Outputs||1 coaxial / 1 optical|
|Tube Complement||4- 12AU7