ProLogue Classic Integrated Amplifier
The ProLogue Classic Integrated Amplifier is the newest version of the original first members of our family of affordable, high-quality tube products. The designers and builders of the PrimaLuna equipment all have a long history in high-end audio. We feel we have shown with PrimaLuna that we are able to offer a range of affordable audio instruments that can easily compete with today's most expensive brands and assure you we will continue that way. We firmly believe that our quality level will set the bar at a difficult height for other products to match. This PrimaLuna Classic Premium Integrated amp features:
- Hand-made construction with the finest point-to-point wiring, using workmanship that is equal to or better than any product you can buy at any price.
- A heavy-gauge, fully-vented steel chassis with a five coat finish. Each coat is hand-rubbed and polished.
- Premium parts that include a toroidal transformer for power supply; custom designed -in conjunction with one of the most prestigious transformer designers in the USA- encapsulated output transformers for lowest hum; wide bandwidth for great bass and extended highs; ceramic tube sockets; ALPS volume control; Nichicon and Solen capacitors; superfast Philips-diode-circuitry; gold-plated heavy duty WBT style speaker terminals (all speakerconnectors are solid shaft, without hole, for better conductance, better sound and higher reliability); gold-plated panel mounted input jacks.
- SoftStart™ circuit for extended life of sensitive components, plus a reduced chance of tube failure from thermal shock.
- A new generation Adaptive AutoBias™ exclusive to PrimaLuna. This circuit monitors and smoothly adjusts bias constantly and instantly, reducing maintenance and increasing performance due to the dramatic reduction in distortion. It comes with a new extensive output stage protection circuitry with +B relay to protect output transformers, resistors and high voltage power supply in case a tube fails.
- The ProLogue Classic Integrated Amplifiers come with an EL34/KT88 bias switch. This means that with the flip of a switch you can choose for the optimum bias setting for EL34 type of tubes or KT88 type of tubes. No hassle with screwdrivers, no messing around with meters etc. Just switch tubes, switch bias!
- All new PrimaLuna PTP™ (Power Transformer Protection) circuit. When the power transformer overheats due to environmental circumstances, overloading or some problem in the unit, an internal thermal switch breaks the primary, allowing the unit to cool down before harm is done. After it’s cooled, contact is restored and if nothing is broken, the amp will repower and function properly.
- All new PrimaLuna OTP™ (Output Transformer Protection) circuit which further protects the amplifier.
- LIVE side of AC input connector indicated by aluminiumcolor screw.
- 4 line level inputs
|Power||25 / 40W per channel (EL34/KT88)|
|Frequency response||20Hz-65kHz +/- 3dB|
|THD with AABB||0,25% @ 1W; less than 1% up to full power|
|S/N Ratio||89 dB|
|Input Impedance||65k Ohm|
|Input Sensitivity||265 / 285 mV (for rated power at max. volumesetting)|
|Maximum Gain||37 dB|
|Power Consumption||285 W|
|Net Weight||37.5 lbs / 17 kg|
|Shipping Weight||41.9 lbs / 19 kg|
|Dimensions||15.5"x11"x7.5" / 395mm x 280mm x 190mm (L x W x H)|
|Shipping Dimensions||18.3"x15"x12" / 465mm x380mm x 305mm (L x W x H)|
|Inputs||4 pairs RCA|
|Outputs||4 & 8 Ohm Speaker Taps|
|Tube Complement||4 x EL-34 or 4 x KT-88, 2 x 12AX7, 2 x 12AU7|