DiaLogue Premium HP Poweramplifier
The DiaLogue Premium HP Poweramplifier is the second member of the new DiaLogue Premium HP series of affordable, high-quality tube products. The designers and builders of the PrimaLuna equipment all have a long history in high-end audio. We feel we have shown with PrimaLuna that we are able to offer a range of affordable audio instruments that can easily compete with today’s most expensive brands and assure you we will continue that way. We firmly believe that our quality level will set the bar at a difficult height for other products to match.
This PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium HP Power amp features:
- Hand-made construction with the finest point-to-point wiring, using workmanship that is equal to or better than any product you can buy at any price.
- A heavy-gauge, fully-vented steel chassis with a five coat finish. Each coat is hand-rubbed and polished.
- Premium parts that include a toroidal transformer for power supply; custom designed -in conjunction with one of the most prestigious transformer designers in the USA- encapsulated output transformers for lowest hum; wide bandwidth for great bass and extended highs; ceramic tube sockets; Nichicon, DuRoch and Solen capacitors; superfast Philips-diode-circuitry; goldplated heavy duty WBT style speaker terminals (all speaker-connectors are solid shaft, without hole, for better conductance, better sound and higher reliability); gold-plated panel mounted input jacks.
- SoftStart™ circuit for extended life of sensitive components, plus a reduced chance of tube failure from thermal shock.
- A new generation Adaptive AutoBias™ exclusive to PrimaLuna. This circuit monitors and smoothly adjusts bias constantly and instantly, reducing maintenance and increasing performance due to the dramatic reduction in distortion. It comes with a new extensive output stage protection circuitry with +B relay to protect output transformers, resistors and high voltage power supply in case a tube fails. In all DiaLogue Premium HP Amplifier models the new generation Adaptive Auto Bias Board comes with our new BTI™ circuit. BTI™ stands for Bad Tube Indication (by LEDs), making tube-life again a bit easier.
- All DiaLogue Premium HP Amplifiers come with an EL34/KT88 bias switch. This means that with the flip of a switch you can choose for the optimum bias setting for EL34 type of tubes or KT88 type of tubes. No hassle with screwdrivers, no messing around with meters etc. Just switch tubes, switch bias!
- This DiaLogue Premium HP Poweramplifier comes also with a mono/stereo switch giving it the functions of both the DiaLogue Premium Mono Amplifier as well as the DiaLogue Premium Stereo Amplifier.
- SmartWatts design. PrimaLuna’s true-value, low stress design philosophy. Many manufacturers fudge on their power ratings, claiming power that is mathematically impossible. Every seasoned tube owners knows that 20 watts from a tube amp is a ton of power. What is really important is that PrimaLuna runs their power tubes up to 40% easier than other manufacturers.
- No more 12AX7 tubes in the DiaLogue Premium HP range of products. Instead of a 12AX7/12AU7 combination in each channel, we only use 12AU7 combination. Lower distortion levels, higher level of sound quality. Distortion levels in the first stage have dropped with a factor of 5 at low levels to at least 20 at higher levels, above 1V.
- All new PrimaLuna PTP™ (Power Transformer Protection) circuit. When the power transformer overheats due to environmental circumstances, overloading or some problem in the unit, an internal thermal switch breaks the primary, allowing the unit to cool down before harm is done. After it’s cooled, contact is restored and if nothing is broken, the amp will repower and function properly.
- All new PrimaLuna OTP™ (Output Transformer Protection) circuit which further protects the amplifier.
|Power Stereo Ultra-linear EL34, KT88, KT120||72, 72, 85 Watts per channel|
|Power Stereo Triode EL34, KT88, KT120||42, 43, 45 Watts per channel|
|Power Mono Ultra-linear EL34, KT88, KT120||148, 148, 175 Watts per channel|
|Power Mono Triode EL34, KT88, KT120||85, 85, 94 Watts per channel|
|Frequency Response Stereo / Mono||9Hz – 59kHz +/- 1 dB / 8Hz – 69kHz +/- 1 dB|
|THD (1W/1kHz) @ 1W; less than 2% at rated power Stereo / Mono||< 0,1% / < 0,1%|
|S/N Ratio Stereo / Mono||99 dB / 99 dB|
|Input Impedance||100 kOhm|
|Input Sensitivity Stereo / Mono||1200mV / 1100mV|
|Gain (UL) Stereo / Mono||26.9 dB / 30.6 dB|
|Gain (TR) Stereo / Mono||25.2 dB / 28.5 dB|
|Power Consumption||470 Watts|
|Net Weight||66.3 lbs / 29.5 kg|
|Dimensions||15.9” x 15.2” x 8.1”
405 mm x 385 mm x 205 mm (L x W x H)
|Inputs Stereo / Mono||1 pair RCA / 1 piece RCA|
|Outputs Stereo / Mono||4, 8 & 16 Ohm Speaker Taps /
2, 4 & 8 Ohm Speaker Taps
|Tube Complement||8 x EL34, 6 x 12AU7|
|Remote control||Heavy Metal UL-TR Remote Control|